Please note, our stocks are currently full and therefore we cannot presently accept any donations of used clothing.
Due to the fluid nature of our work and everything from the changing seasons to the varying demand from homeless organisations, our most desired items inevitably alter from time to time.
Immediately below this paragraph, you will find the list of items which we predominantly require at present. However, as is explained further down this page, there are some general rules which we would always ask potential donors to keep in mind.
If any of you have any queries, please feel free to contact us for more information. Thank you.
Most Required Items
At this point in time, we are not in desperate need of any particular items. However, if and when our stocks are diminished, this will be updated.
General Rules for Donations
Please stick to the following guidelines with regards your potential donations.
- We can only accept new underwear/socks which are still in their packaging, whilst any other used items of clothing are graciously welcomed providing they are clean and in good condition.
- We cannot accept football colours.
- We cannot accept large sizes due to the lack of demand within the homeless community for them (this is explained in more detail below).
We accept the following sizes of clothing. If you do have any items outwith these size ranges, please consider donating them to one of Shelter Scotland’s stores where they can be sold in order to raise much needed funds to help the homeless community.
More details, including a shop finder, can be found by CLICKING HERE.
- Men’s Jeans – 28-32 inch waists
- Men’s T-Shirt’s – Small/Medium
- Men’s Jumpers – Small/Medium
- Men’s Jackets – Small/Medium
- Men’s Underwear – Small/Medium
- Women’s Clothing – Nothing above a size 12
- Trainers/Boots – Nothing above a size 10
As always, we thank you for your continued and generous support of Glasgow’s Homeless Community.